IT Services, 651.846.1440, manages and maintains the phone and voice mail systems.
You should contact IT Services for any of the following:
- Install a new phone line.
- Check the phone line or handset if it is not working properly.
- Order a new handset or phone equipment. The department in need of the equipment pays the cost.
- Assign a phone number or get the dial tone at a new location.
- Long distance authorization code. You will need a long distance authorization code to make a long distance call. IT issues a long distance code to the staff that need to make frequent long distance calls as part of their job duties and responsibilities. If you need to make an occasional long distance call then please dial extension 1600, at the automatic attendant, press 0 to reach a person, and they will place the call for you. If you need a long distance code assigned to you then please submit your request to IT along with your supervisor’s approval. The code will be issued within 2 business days after the request has been received.
- Assist you with the phone move when you move to a new office location.
- You may also contact IT Services if you have questions about the hunt groups or voice mail message on the hunt groups.
- Questions related to phone or voice mail system.
The Saint Paul College voicemail system allows faculty and staff to retrieve voicemails via the phone or via your Email inbox.
To access voicemail by phone
From your desk phone:
- Press the Messages button on your phone or dial 1630.
- Enter your password when prompted.
From outside the office:
- Dial (651) 846-1630.
- Press the star key (*) during the Cisco Unity welcome message.
- When prompted, enter your Cisco Unity ID (your 4-digit phone extension) then press the pound key (#).
- When prompted, enter your password, and press the pound key (#).
Setting up your voicemail message
- Log into your voicemail by hitting the voicemail key on your phone or dialing 1630.
- If you are calling from your assigned phone on campus, simply enter your password to proceed.
- If you are calling from an outside your office or shared phone, please hit the * key when the auto attendant picks up.
- You will then be asked to enter your "user id", which is your assigned extension or virtual mailbox number.
- After that, you will be asked to enter your password.
- The system will then walk you through setting up a greeting. Please follow the voice prompts.
Changing your voicemail message
To change your greeting or set an alternative greeting
- Log into your voicemail
- Enter option 4 to access the options menu
- Then enter 1 for greetings
- The system will then walk you through the rest of the procedure. Please follow the voice prompts.
Unity Message Shortcuts
Listening to a message
After listening to a message
Key(s) | Action
Key(s) | Action
Key(s) | Action
1 Listen to new messages
2 Send a message
3 Review old messages
4 Change setup options
41 Change personal greetings
4 Slow playback
5 Skip message header/ go
straight to voice message
6 Fast playback
9 Fast forward
1 Repeat message
5 Forward message
6 Mark it new
7 Skip back
9 Play message properties
* Cancel playing messages