Send your ideas, questions, concerns, and stories directly to the Saint Paul College Charting the Future Leadership Team
Charting the Future News
Read the Charting the Future report
Follow @mnscu on Twitter and use #ChartingTheFuture.
Send your ideas, questions, concerns and stories to MnSCU at MyIdeas@so.mnscu.edu
MnSCU's core value
Provide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities.
MnSCU's core commitments
The Strategic Framework for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities play an essential role in growing Minnesota's economy and opening the doors of educational opportunity to all Minnesotans. To that end, we will:
- Ensure access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans
- Be the partner of choice to meet Minnesota's workforce and community needs
- Deliver to students, employers, communities and taxpayers the highest value/most affordable higher education option
Saint Paul College and other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are participating in a collaborative strategic initiative called Charting the Future. Charting the Future is designed to provide Saint Paul College with the opportunity to imagine a better world for our students, our colleges and universities, and our communities throughout the state.
- Emily Batres, MAPE representative
- Elizabeth Schmidt, MMA representative
- Sue Senger, MSCF representative
- Laura King, Administration representative
- Vacant, AFSCME representative
- Two Vacancies, Student representatives
Charting the Future this Academic Year at Saint Paul College
This year, Charting the Future (CTF) initiatives
surround academic advising, transfer pathways,
access to technology, campus diversity, and
ensuring affordability for our students. Campus
committees, workgroups, and departments will
be asked to participate in conversations that
surround these initiatives so the College can
leverage the great work that our campus
engages with each day.
The Charting the Future team encourages you
to engage in conversations about CTF initiatives
and participate in activities related to the continued
implementation of this strategic initiative.
If you have any questions please contact any
CTF team member or submit a question through
our online form found under Get Involved to the right.
Charting the Future Development and Implementation Timeline
Charting the Future, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
The Charting the Future team met regularly throughout the 2015-16 academic year. During these meetings the team determined how to approach the implementation of Charting the Future initiatives and how to foster conversations about Charting the Future with the campus community. Below is a presentation shared with the campus community that focused on the initiatives of Charting the Future in 2015-16, the implementation structure for the Charting the Future team and how the team would communicate with the campus community.
Charting the Future Spring 2016 In-Service
Change Management Workshop, August 2015
To help prepare for the implementation of the Charting the Future recommendations, over 170 students, faculty, and staff from across our colleges and universities participated in a leadership workshop on August 4-5, 2015, at North Hennepin Community College. Leadership of all bargaining units and the student associations also attended this meeting. Laura King, Edward Schones, Emily Batres, and Roxanne Anderson represented the Saint Paul College team.
The sessions provided each campus team with tools that will improve engagement and the disciplined implementation of the work plan that the Executive Committee is working on for discussion with the Leadership Council at its September retreat and with the Board of Trustees a week later. Attendees had an opportunity to work together as a campus team and to interact with colleagues from across the system. Teams also had a chance to debrief at the end of the workshop, to share key take-aways, and to identify the key learnings they will be sharing with campus colleagues and leadership.
Presidential Commitment, July 2015
Minnesota State Presidents made four commitments to support campus-based implementation from the July 2015 Leadership Council meeting as the Charting the Future moves forward:
- Identified leaders to attend the Change Leadership Workshop.
- Compiled high-impact campus projects that support the CTF Initiatives.
- Identified a campus team that will help move campus initiatives forward and support campus communication. This group will include representatives from all bargaining groups and students.
- Convened campus conversations between mid-September to mid-October to discuss next steps. The Leadership Council work plan that will be discussed at the September Retreat will provide a framework for these discussions