back to top


A personal counselor is available to ass​ist you with personal, educational, social, and developmental concerns as well as general life planning and goal-setting. The on-staff counselor also provides crisis intervention services, career counseling, mediation, referrals to community agencies, and consultations when necessary.

A counselor can provide assistance in a number of areas, including, but not limited to,

Any student enrolled at Saint Paul College is eligible to access counseling services at no charge.

Online Mental Health Screening
Saint Paul College offers confidential and free online mental health self-assessment screenings to Saint Paul College students in the areas of depression, bipolar disorder, alcohol, eating disorders, generalized anxiety, and post-traumatic stress. The online mental health self-assessment screening results will indicate whether or not further professional consultation would be helpful to you. Referral information is available at the end of each screening. If you have questions about the screenings or would like to set up an appointment with a Saint Paul College Counselor, please contact Lisa Hanes at 651.846.1383.

Begin your confidential Online Mental Health Screening Self-Assessment.

Click here for more information on Sexual Violence.

Your discussions with a counselor will be confidential in accordance with the ethical standards of the American Counseling Association and the laws of the State of Minnesota. Please discuss with your counselor the limits of confidentiality.

Referral Services
A counselor will assist students in the identification and contact of appropriate on- and off-campus referral resources, such as community agencies or emergency mental health centers, when long-term counseling or extensive crisis intervention is needed.

Counseling Center Referral - Online Form
If concerned about a student, you can submit a referral online.

Before you begin: If this is an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call 911 prior to filling out the Counseling Center Referral form. Referrals are reviewed by Counseling Center staff and are not designed as an emergency response notification system.

For assistance or consultation while completing this referral, please contact the Counseling Center at 651.846.1383.

Click on the following link to make an online referral to the Counseling Office:
Counseling Center Referral - Online Form


Contact Information
The Counseling Center is located in room 1335 and a counselor is available on an appointment or emergency walk-in basis. For assistance, call 651.846.1383. Hours vary by semester.

If you are in crisis or need immediate assistance, the following community resources are available to assist you:

Crisis assistance:

  • Ramsey County Crisis Line; 651.266.7900
    24/7 (St. Paul)
  • Ramsey County Mental Health Services; 651.266.7999
  • Crisis Connection; 612.379.6363 or 1.800.379.6363
    24/7 (Minneapolis)
  • Crisis Connection – Men’s Line; 612.379.6367
    24/7 (Minneapolis)
  • Crisis Nursery (; 763.591.0100
    24/7 (Golden Valley)
  • Crisis Intervention Center; 612.347.3161
  • National Eating Disorders Association Helpline; 1.800.931.2237
    24/7 (Nationwide)
  • Suicide Intervention Line: 612.347.2222
    24/7 (Minneapolis)
  • Suicide Prevention Lifeline; 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
    24/7 (Nationwide)
  • Veterans Assistance; 1.888.LinkVet (1.888.546.5838)
  • First Call for Help - United Way; 651.291.0211
    Health and Human Services Referral information

Sexual Offense Services of Ramsey County
Crisis Line/Service Line: 651.266.100
Web site:

Sexual Assault Resource Service - Hennepin County
24-Hour Crisis Line: 612.871.5111
Web site:

National Sexual Assault Hotline
Call 1.800.656.HOPE

Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)
Web site:

Local Hospitals

  • Regions Hospital
    Emergency Room: 651.254.5000
    640 Jackson St.
    St. Paul
  • St. Joseph's Hospital
    Emergency Room: 651.232.3348
    69 W. Exchange
    St. Paul
  • United Hospital
    Emergency Room: 651.241.8755
    333 North Smith Ave.
    St. Paul

Law Enforcement Resources

  • St. Paul Police Department: 651.291.1111
  • St. Paul Sex Crimes Unit: 651.266.5685
  • Ramsey County Sheriff: 651.767.0640
  • Minneapolis Police Department: 612.673.3000
  • Hennepin County Sheriff: 612.348.3744 

Additional Services -

Council on Crime and Justice
24-Hour Service Line: 612.340.5400
Web site:

Additional Campus Resources
Additional Saint Paul College resources are also available to assist you. Here are quick links and phone numbers:

Academic Support Center & Peer Tutoring, 651.846.1623

Career Services, 651.846.1384

Disability Services, 651.846.1547 or for TTY Communication, contact the Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1.800.627.3529.