back to top


Grants are gift aid, which the student does not have to pay back. Students who have completed a bachelor's degree, or the equivalent from another college, are not eligible for grants.

Federal Pell Grant

Students may apply for the Federal Pell Grant by completing the FAFSA. Pell Grants vary from $400 per year up to the federally legislated maximum. Pell Grant recipients must be enrolled in an eligible program. 

More information about the Federal Pell Grant

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) program is designed for students who have exceptional financial need. Funds are limited and eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office. To apply you must complete the FAFSA and be Pell eligible. Awards are commonly awarded to early applicants.

More information about the SEOG

Minnesota State Grant

The Minnesota State Grant is a grant for Minnesota residents who are attending an accredited post-secondary institution. Awards are similar to the Pell Grant. Students apply by completing the FAFSA. Minnesota State grant eligibility requires FAFSA be received within the first 30 days after the term begins. 

More information about the Minnesota State Grant

Minnesota Child Care Grant

The Minnesota Child Care Grant is for students who are Minnesota residents, have children 12 and under (14 and under, if handicapped), have financial need and have child care expenses. Recipients must not be receiving Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) assistance. Students who have received an Award Letter can download the Minnesota Child Care Grant or pick up an application in the Financial Aid Office. 

More information about the Minnesota Child Care Grant

On-Campus Child Care Center
Saint Paul College offers on-campus care for children 6 weeks of age to the first day of Kindergarten. Our Child Care Center is available for students and staff of the College, and is operated by the YWCA. Enrollment in the child care center, located on the west side of the main campus building, is handled directly by the YWCA and starts with an arranged visit for you and your child.