This week we welcomed the first snow of the season. I am grateful to our facility department for ensuring that our walkways and parking lot were kept clean and safe for our students and visitors. Additionally, I thank our public safety team who worked tirelessly to ensure smooth traffic flow and efficient operation of the College.
Spring semester registration is in full swing. Many thanks to our dedicated and hardworking faculty and staff who are reaching out to our students so they can complete their spring registration and continue with their academic journey at the College.
To our students, the end of fall semester is nearing soon. I extend to you my heartfelt wishes for academic success.
This week’s activities included:
- Frogtown Housing Authority, St. Paul Promise Neighborhood, and International Institute of Minnesota – I met with these important College partners to discuss the alignment between housing, education and workforce training opportunities that each of the partners offers, hoping to maximize our services for our communities of interest.
- Rotary International Peace fellow – I met with a Rotary International Peace Fellow to discuss his project and research about students who are new Americans in their higher education journey.
- Charting the Future Implementation Team (CTF) – I met with the Charting the Future Implementation team at the College to discuss the rollout.
- United Hospital Foundation – I had a phone conference with the Executive Director from United Hospital Foundation to discuss agenda items from November 2015 United Hospital Foundation meeting.
- Classroom Visit – I attended an English as Second Language class at the College. I am proud of our students and our dedicated faculty members. They enrich our College with their unique cultures and customs. What a wonderful learning opportunity for all!
- Minnesota Philanthropy Partners – I attended the quarterly Board of Director meeting to discuss the MN Philanthropy Strategic Framework
- Education to Employment (E2E) – I attended a meeting with a team from College, International Institute of Minnesota and St. Paul YWCA to discuss and review the progress with the E2E initiative, and new partnership initiatives to maximize services to our community.
- St. Paul City School and Higher Ground Academy – I met with St. Paul City School and Higher Ground Academy Superintendent and Director to discuss educational partnership and access to higher education.
- Metro Alliance Presidents Meeting – I attended a meeting to discuss collaboration among Metro two-year and four-year institutions.
- Economic Development Partnership Meeting – I met with the executives from City of St. Paul Economic Development, St. Paul Port Authority, Ramsey County, St. Paul Riverfront, and St. Paul Chamber to discuss economic development and workforce opportunities in St. Paul and Ramsey County.
- Minnesota State University Student Association Meeting (MSUSA) – I met with Chancellor Rosenstone and MSUSA students, as part of their monthly meeting.
- Friends of Saint Paul College Scholarship Gala – The College hosted the 5th Annual Scholarship Gala to promote philanthropic engagement at the College. This was a fantastic event with a SOLD OUT crowd. Many thanks to our supporters of the College, our staff, faculty, and students who attended this event to help increase the funds available for scholarships for our deserving students. You truly are making a postive impact for the lives of many.
I offer my sincere gratitude to all of our students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community supporters who make our College a special and welcoming place, where students can achieve academic success.