Graduates of the Business Information Technology programs will be trained for a business and information support position that may use a wide range of systems and software applications such as database, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, word processing, and integrated software applications, business Web sites, templates, and desktop publishing. Students graduating with the Business Information Technology degree can provide support for business systems end-users and assist with business training, problem solving, and troubleshooting. Graduates in these programs are equipped with knowledge of cutting-edge technology and software, a professional attitude, enhanced skills in the business environment, the ability to work independently or in workgroups under pressure and within deadlines.
What You'll Learn
- Advanced training in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Software skills in preparation for Microsoft certification exams.
- Problem solving and business communication.
- Accounting and communication technology.
- Insurance companies
- Small business or corporate offices
- City, county, state or federal agencies
- Financial institutions
- Sales or manufacturing offices
- Retail companies
- Ecolab, Inc.
- Deluxe Corporation
- US Government
- Target Corporation
- State of Minnesota
- Minnesota Life
- Learn from instructors with occupational experience in their field.
- Train in a "hands on" environment.
- Develop skills to work in a variety of organizations and businesses.
- Perform multiple tasks and utilize technology to manage work efficiently.
- Gain administrative work experience, as an intern