The Nonprofit Certificate program is designed for students who are currently working in the nonprofit sector or for those who desire an introductory perspective on the unique issues facing a nonprofit organization. This certificate program consists of 12 courses geared to provide the essential information of nonprofit business. These courses are delivered in a timely manner designed to fit your busy work and family schedules. Students will examine the fundamental principles of nonprofit, the roles and responsibilities of a nonprofit board of directors and the management team, the essential aspects of fundraising, and the fundamentals of the budgeting process. Nonprofit organizations face new challenges: government funding cutbacks, growing numbers of clients, and the expanding need to acquire and manage financial resources. Nonprofit organizations must find ways to meet these challenges. Enrolling in this certificate program will provide you with knowledge designed to empower the nonprofit organization with the skills necessary to succeed. For those who work in, or desire to work in, a nonprofit organization or business environment, this is the program for you!
What You'll Learn
- Examine the fundamental principles of the non-profit organization
- Develop practical and managerial skills necessary to plan operational success
- Learn the basics of employment law, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Examine the foundational aspects of fundraising, grant writing, and working with volunteers
- Non-Profit companies business units
- Banks, insurance and law offices nonprofit divisions
- Wilder Foundation
- McKnight Foundation
- Own your nonprofit business
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands on" environment.
- Develop skills to work in a variety of organizations and businesses
- Graduates will possess a knowledge base which will allow them to find employment in the non-profit sector
- The Nonprofit certificate offers a wide variety of employment opportunities