Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms are opportunities for organizations to inform, communicate and connect with customers. Social media provides both a listening and outreach tool for promoting organizations, products, services and ideas. The Social Media Marketing Certificate program provides a foundation of social media and Internet marketing. Students will learn and analyze techniques, tactics and tools used to engage customers and deliver superior value. Jobs and careers in this fast changing field of marketing will be explored.
All organizations, including for-profit business or non-profit organizations, have the need for communicating with customers and stakeholders. This program is designed for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills of social media and internet marketing strategies. Many employers require some education or experience in marketing even for “non-marketing” positions. Employment opportunities are excellent for marketers who can engage, delight and develop meaningful relationships with customers. Opportunities and positions include social media marketing specialist, marketing coordinator and web marketing analyst.
What You'll Learn
- How social media and e-marketing and the fundamental shifts on how organizations communicate with its customers.
- How to analyze internet marketing and communications strategies
- How to serve and deliver value that attract new customers and develop relationships with existing customers
- How to create e-marketing and social media marketing plans that are integrated with an organization’s overall marketing strategy and goals
- Your own business
- For profit business and non-profit organizations