This program prepares students for jobs in the exciting computer graphics and animation field. Students will learn how to take an idea from concept through production including computer graphics, computer animation, sound and video.
Computer Graphics Specialists can work in a wide variety of creative jobs including web design, film and animation production, CD ROM production and any organization that can benefit from these special talents. With more and more animation moving to the desktop, the computer graphics specialist is becoming a high demand career.
The student should be creative and have excellent communication skills. Students should exhibit qualities of patience and precision and should enjoy working both independently and on team projects.
What You'll Learn
- Computer logic and programming
- 3-D Studio Max interface, workflow, coordinating systems, layers, setup, startup files, 2-D primitive shapes, object naming, sub-object levels, vertex tangency, modifiers, lofting, 3-D primitives, editable poly, HSDS modifiers, displacement mapping
- Web design and computer animation
- How to create and edit digital sound for use in computer animation
- Video production techniques including pre-production, production and post-production with focus on creating digital video
- Digital photography techniques
- Computer graphics as a technical and creative medium
- Basic graphic programming, hardware, software applications, electronic storyboarding, electronic color theory, vector and raster graphics, electronic illustration, file types and formats, digital imaging and digital printing
- Web Designer
- Computer Animator
- Computer Game Designer and Developer
- Multimedia Developer
- Learn how to take an idea from concept through production including computer graphics, computer animation, sound and video.
- Graduates of this program may choose to continue their education at a four-year institution in Computer Graphics or a related field.