Esthetician Medical SettingEsthetician Medical Setting Associate of Applied Science Degree
Esthetics Medical Setting Certificate
Join us to learn about Saint Paul College's Health Science programs at the Health Science Information Session!
Esthetician services in a medical setting include specialized work with skin care products, analysis of skin, skin exfoliation, facials, pre and post treatment skin care, and home product recommendation. The use of advanced skin treatments, pharmaceutical grade chemical peels and risk management for this industry will be covered.
Esthetician Medical Setting Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree program is
designed for work in medical clinics or treatment centers. Program enrollment requires current Minnesota Esthetics or Cosmetology license.
The Esthetics Medical Setting Certificate program is designed for the
licensed esthetician or licensed cosmetologist who will seek employment in a
medical setting. Program enrollment requires current Minnesota Esthetics or Cosmetology license.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- Advanced skin treatments
- Pharmaceutical grade chemical peels
- Risk management for the industry
- Cosmetic care product ingredients
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
Textbook and Supply Costs
Students should expect to spend approximately $1,900.00 for esthetics books and supplies (first semester). Tuition, college fees and books for remaining courses are not included in this cost. Items can be purchased in the College Bookstore. In addition, there is a fee to take the Minnesota licensure exam.
Be prepared to purchase all Esthetics kits with the instructor on the second day of class. Financial aid must have been completed.
Current Minnesota Esthetics or Cosmetology License
Students must bring a copy of their license on the first day of class. A copy will be added to the students’ permanent file.
- Plastic surgeon's offices
- Dermatologist’s offices
- Medical spas within 5-star resorts, hotels, and fitness centers
- Fitness centers
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Esthetician Medican Setting AAS
- BS Healthcare and Human Service Management, Saint Mary’s University-Twin Cities Campus
- BA Health Care Administration, Concordia University-St. Paul
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- After completing the Esthetician Medical Setting AAS program, students complete 600 hours of skills and theory training and pass the written exam through the State designated testing service and skills certification, they are eligible for licensure through the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements.
Meet the Faculty