Health, Wellness, and Service Programs Information Session
Wednesday, October 19
Register to reserve your spot at www.SaintPaul.edu/SignUp
Massage Therapists help others to stay fit physically, mentally and emotionally by massaging areas of the body such as the back, neck, limbs, head and feet. Massage therapists manipulate soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain. Graduates of the program integrate manual massage techniques to positively contribute to the well being of the client in a safe and skillful manner.
Menu of Services
The Massage Therapy Department offers services to the general public as well as faculty, staff, and students. All work is done by STUDENTS ONLY, under the supervision of an instructor.
Massage Therapy Menu of Services
What You'll Learn
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue Neuromuscular Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Travell Trigger point method
- Chair massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitated Stretching (PNF stretching)
- Active Isolate Stretching (AIS stretching)
- Full Service Salons
- Day spas
- Become self employed
- Sports Centers - Health and Fitness Clubs
- Holistic Health Centers - Chiropractic Offices
- Hospitals, Nursing Homes and Hospices
- Assisted Living Communities - Shopping Malls
- Airports - Corporate Offices - Cruise Ships
- First Class Hotels - Salons
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements
- Qualifies for national certification.
- Immediate professional membership in Associated Bodywork Massage Professionals (ABMP).