Respiratory therapists manage the ventilation of critically ill patients as well as provide acute and chronic care to patients with pulmonary disease.
Saint Paul College's Respiratory Therapist Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). www.coarc.com
What You'll Learn
- Patient assessment
- Mechanical ventilation and therapeutic procedures
- Use of the latest industry software and instruments
- Disease management
- Procedures including pulmonary function testing/arterial blood-gas analysis
- Special diagnostic procedures and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Medical clinics
- Home care agencies
- Long-term care facilities
- Sleep diagnostics
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Allina Hospitals & Clinics
- Fairview Health Services
- Regions Medical Center
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Children's Hospital & Clinics
- North Memorial Health Care
- Methodist Hospital
- HealthEast Care SystemM
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements
- Learn first-hand from faculty who are top-notch in their field.
- Gain practical experience through clinical training at local health care facilities.
- Receive Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Develop technical skills through the use of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Graduates of this program usually have the choice of many immediate employment opportunities.
- Successfully pass the National Certification Exam.