Career & Technical Education Information Session
Tuesday, October 18
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Register to reserve your spot at www.SaintPaul.edu/SignUp
Auto body repair workers repair and replace automotive body and frame components. Students in this program will learn many skills including frame repair, welding and cutting, metal straightening, application of up-to-date materials, metal finishing, customized painting and alignment of body components. They will also learn to estimate damage and compute labor and material costs. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts that employment of auto body repair workers will continue to increase.
What You'll Learn
- Repair and replace automotive and body components
- Frame repair, metal straightening, welding and cutting
- Application of up-to-date body materials
- Metal finishing and alignment of body components
- Estimate damage and compute labor and materials costs
- Paint preparation and color matching techniques
- Painting and customized painting
- Paint finish and detailing
- Independent body shops
- Dealership body shops
- Specialty shops
- Own your own shop
- Insurance Claim Adjuster
- Truck Body Shop
- Bonfe's Auto Body Repair
- ABRA Auto Body
- State Farm Insurance
- Sears Imports - Minnetonka
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands on" environment.
- Advance on the job to estimator, adjuster, or shop manager.
- After graduation, enter an apprenticeship training program and work with an experienced journeyperson to increase your advancement opportunities.
- Your technical college experience can shorten the length of an apprenticeship