Career & Technical Education Information Session
Tuesday, October 18
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Register to reserve your spot at www.SaintPaul.edu/SignUp
Carpenters make up the largest trade group in the construction industry. They do framing with steel and wood; they install wood paneling, cabinets, windows, doors, and door hardware; and they build stairs and frame roofs. Carpenters work under a wide variety of conditions, and use many different hand and power tools. They work with wood, concrete, metals, plastics, and other construction materials. Many graduates continue their training by entering a formal apprentice program.
What You'll Learn
- To safely use many different hand and power tools.
- To frame walls with steel or wood.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Build stairs, frame roofs, install doors & windows.
- Learn scaffold erection and concrete form building.
- Use the latest electronic surveying instruments.
- Work with wood, plastics, concrete, metals, gypsum, and various fiber composite products.
- Work in many different phases of a construction project or specialize in one area.
- Build homes, schools, shopping centers, factories, hotels and other public and private buildings.
- Work for a variety of construction contractors.
- Become self-employed.
- Advance on the job to foreman and job superintendent.
- Greiner Construction
- Frana & Sons, Inc.
- J & K Builders
- Kraus Anderson
- McGough Construction
- CECO Concrete
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands-on" environment.
- Work in the largest trade group in the construction industry.
- Start employment with an established knowledge of the tools and materials used in the trade.
- Become familiar with job site safety and safe working practices.