The Plumbing program trains apprentices in commercial, residential and industrial plumbing.
Plumbers install and maintain the water, waste disposal, soil and vent, drainage and gas systems in homes and in commercial and industrial buildings. Plumbers also install faucets, bathtubs, sinks and toilets, and such appliances as dishwashers and water heaters. Plumbers often work from blueprints and specifications and are knowledgeable about building and plumbing codes which govern installations.
Applicants must be high school graduates or equivalent. High school courses in mathematics, science, mechanical drawing and wood or metal shop will be helpful.
The Plumbing Diploma program is a restricted enrollment joint program offered through the Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 34 and Saint Paul College. Admission to the Plumbing Apprenticeship program is required for enrollment in this diploma program.
- Graduates will demonstrate safe and proper use of tools used in the plumbing field.
- Graduates will have knowledge and skills to install piping in commercial, residential and industrial buildings.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge in blueprint reading.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge in code and proper installation practices.
- Graduates will demonstrate science and math skills needed in the plumbing field.