Power of YOU Hours
Mon-Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
Inside Financial Aid Area
Kathleen Gordon, Director
Room 1334 in Financial Aid Office
Email Kathleen Gordon
Michelle Britton, Academic Success Coordinator
Room 1332 in Financial Aid Office
Email Michelle Britton
Mee Yang, Recruiter
Room 1331 in Financial Aid Office
Email Mee Yang
Janessa Cervantes, PSEO/Power of You Coordinator
Room 1331 in Financial Aid Office
Email Janessa Cervantes
The Power of YOU program makes the first two years of college available tuition-free, for students that meet the eligibility requirements of the program. It covers the cost of tuition and fees at Saint Paul College or Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) through state and federal grants and private scholarships. The Power of YOU supports as many students as possible based on student need and funds available for the program. Advising and support services will be provided to help students succeed at college.
Eligibility requirements to apply:
- Graduate from an eligible high school in Spring 2017
- Combined parent and student adjusted gross income and untaxed income must be less than $75,000
- Qualify for federal financial aid
- Take the ACCUPLACER™ assessment and satisfy college admission requirements
Eligible high schools for Power of YOU at Saint Paul College or MCTC:
- All Saint Paul or Minneapolis city public high schools or public charter schools
- Brooklyn Center Senior High School
- Roseville Area High School
- Columbia Heights High School
- Simley Senior High
- Henry Sibley Senior High
- South St. Paul Secondary
- Richfield High School
- Robbinsdale Cooper High School
- Woodbury Senior High
Eligible high schools for Power of YOU at Century College:
- Irondale High School
- North Sr. High (North St. Paul)
- Mounds View High School
- Tartan Senior High
- White Bear Lake High School
How do I apply for the Power of YOU at Saint Paul College?
The steps below must be completed and all paperwork submitted to Saint Paul College by May 1, 2017, for your application to be considered for the Power of YOU program for Fall 2017:
- Apply to Saint Paul College online at www.saintpaul.edu/apply
- Apply to the Power of YOU program
- Complete the assessment tests at Saint Paul College
Testing is available on a walk-in basis, no appointment is necessary. It takes approximately 2 hours to complete these un-timed assessments in reading, writing and math.
View more information on the required assessment
- Submit the 2017-2018 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and complete the financial aid process. Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Applications are available after October 1, 2016.
FAFSA School Code: Saint Paul College 005533
Submitting a FAFSA is just the first step in completing the financial aid process. The process may take several weeks to complete, so begin it early to make sure it is completed before the Power of YOU application deadline
- Submit your high school transcript after graduation.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and complete the application steps by the deadline, your material will be reviewed and considered for participation in the Power of YOU. You will receive electronic notification of your acceptance to Saint Paul College. Admission to the college does not mean that you have been accepted into the Power of YOU program. You will receive a separate communication indicating acceptance in the Power of YOU.
Explore the Power of YOU! College is not just a dream. Make it a reality for you!