fb Veterans Frequently Asked Questions | Military Friendly Colleges in Saint Paul College MN
Skip to main content Sign In

Saint Paul College A Community & Technical College


Veterans Frequently Asked Questions​

How do I become eligible for VA education benef​its?

Students must apply for benefits through the VA, which is responsible for determining eligibility.

When will my enrollment be certified with the VA?

Students may be certified once they have registered for the upcoming term and have provided all required documentation to the School Certifying Official (SCO).

Will the VA pay for any course I’m registered to take?

The VA will pay for prerequisite and required coursework for a student’s declared program major. The VA will NOT pay for:

  • Coursework that is not required for a program major
  • Repeating a course that was previously completed with a passing grade
  • Online remedial coursework
Should I apply for financial aid if I plan on receiving VA education benefits?

Yes. VA education benefits are paid based on the number of approved enrolled credits and may not be sufficient to cover all educational expenses. For more information about applying for financial aid at the College, please view Financial Aid.

How much will I be paid if I qualify for VA education benefits?

Monthly benefits are paid based on training type, length of service, benefit chapter, eligibility for kickers, and enrollment status. Enrollment status is classified as full-time, 3/4 time, 1/2 time or less than 1/2 time.

Am I eligible for the Work Study Program?

In order to be eligible for work study students must:

  • be eligible to receive VA education benefits and
  • attend school and receive benefits at the 3/4 or full-time rate

Inquiries regarding VA work study positions should be directed to the Veterans Administration at Fort Snelling.

How do I obtain my Military Transcript?

Students may request military transcripts via the Joint Services Transcript (JST) website.

How do I obtain a replacement copy of my Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

Students may request a replacement Certificate of Eligibility (COE) through the Ask a Question tab of the VA website.

Where can I obtain additional information about military education benefits?

The MyMilitaryEducation.org website gives individuals a streamlined way to obtain information about higher education and to determine what military benefits might be available.

The Higher Education Veterans Program initiative was created by the Minnesota Legislature and the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs in 2006 to serve the unique higher education needs of Veterans, military members and their families.

One Click Away From Your Future
Visit Apply Request Info