Skip to main content Sign In

Saint Paul College A Community & Technical College


Transcript Evaluation​

How to have your transcript evaluated

  • Request an official transcript from your previous institution. The official transcript MUST come in a sealed envelope addressed from your previous institution; it can be hand-delivered to the One Stop, Room 1300​ or mailed directly to:

    Records Office​
    Saint Paul College
    235 Marshall Ave
    Saint Paul, MN 55102

    If your institution has an electronic official transcript option, these can be emailed from the institu​tion directly to
  • Please allow 4-8​ weeks for transcript evaluation to be completed after you have been admitted to a maj​or at Saint Paul College.​
  • Once your transcript has been evaluated, you will receive an email with instructions on how to review your interactive Degree Audit Report System (DARS) report. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to read a DARS inte​ractive degree report.
  • Satisfactory Academic ​Progress
    Transfer students who do not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress at a previous institution will be placed on academic suspension from Saint Paul College. Our Satisfactory Academic Progress policy states that a student must complete at least 67% of their coursework attempted and maintain a GPA of 2.0. A student who is placed on academic suspension due to previous coursework at another institution does need to appeal the suspension at Saint Paul College.
  • Prior Learning Credit
    • AP (Advanced Placement)
    • College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
    • IB (International Baccalaureate)
    • Tech – Prep
    • International credits
  • Military ​Credit
    Recent legislation in Minnesota requires Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to review military academic transcripts and give appropriate credit based on the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations.
  • If you have questions about your evaluation, please contact the transcript evaluator for an explanation of your evaluation.

Student Transfer Appeal
Students may dispute their transfer decision through an appeal process.

  • Complete the Transfer Course Evaluation Appeal form, all supporting documentation (syllabus, course descriptions and/or course outlines) and a typed letter explaining the rationale for your appeal.
  • If you are still not satisfied with the results of this appeal, you may appeal to the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Saint Paul College. A third and final transfer appeal is available at the system level. See Procedure 3.37.1 Part 7.
  • View Board Policy 3.39, Transfer Rights and Responsibilities, to understand students' and institutions' rights and responsibilities as they relate to transfer of credit.
Transfer of Cre​dit

Transferology is a nation-wide network designed to help you answer the question "Will my courses transfer?" You may enter coursework, exams, and/or military learning experiences, then discover in a single click how many schools in the Transferology network have matching courses that may be awarded when you transfer. Schools are ranked by the percentage of coursework they accept in transfer, though you may focus the results with a number of handy filters and sorts, including how your courses transfer into a specific program at another college or university. Details of how those courses will count are available with another click or two, and you can inform schools of your interest in transferring by asking about specific programs, campus visits, and/or coursework that has not yet been evaluated by the school. Access Transferology at and create a free account to start using the service.

International Credits
Saint Paul College does not evaluate international transcripts. If you have a transcript from a foreign country, you must have a third party transcript evaluator determine how the courses translate to U.S. courses. While we will accept evaluations from any AICE ( or NACES member (, we highly recommend Educational Credential Evaluators ( or World Education Services, Inc. ( Saint Paul College reserves the right to request additional information from you such as course descriptions, syllabi, etc. Pathway Advisors​ can look at a copy prior to evaluation if the transcript is in English to determine whether it is worthwhile to pursue the third party evaluation process (i.e., whether there are courses that are likely to transfer).​

Advanced Placement
For course equivalency credits on advanced placement go to Advanced Placement​ Table.

Minnesota Transfer
MnTransfer​.org is a resource for students, academic advisors, and educators to locate information to guide in transfer planning – including transfer policies and procedures, articulation agreements, student services, and transfer contact information. Most information is specific to the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.

Transfer Action Plan
The Transfer Action Plan will help you explore the transfer process and navigate available resources.

Transfer of Credit Policies

Transfer of credit and courses will be evaluated based on policies and procedures of Saint Paul College, as outlined in Saint Paul College's catalog, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system policies and procedures and according to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Institution Accreditation
Transfer of credit will be considered for college level coursework completed at accredited institutions:

  • Regionally Accredited: Degree-granting public, private, nonprofit and for-profit, two- and four-year institutions in the United States conferred by the Higher Learning Commission, (a Commission of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) and/or parallel accrediting agencies in other regions of the United States.
  • Nationally Accredited: Specialized institutions, including distance learning providers and freestanding professional schools recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education (USDE). Coursework will be considered on a course-by-course basis through an appeal ​process and will be judged to be comparable or equivalent to courses offered at Saint Paul College.

Transfer Course Evaluation
Courses will be reviewed and considered for transfer as follows:

  • General education coursework completed at Minnesota State Colleges and Universities that fulfills the Minnesota General Education Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) will transfer based on the assigned goal area at the sending institution.
  • General education coursework completed at the University of Minnesota or other institutions outside the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system will be considered for transfer as:
    • Equivalent to a Saint Paul College general education course and MnTC Goal Area
    • Not equivalent to a specific Saint Paul College course, but will fulfill a MnTC Goal Area​
  • Coursework that is not general education will be considered for transfer as:
    • Equivalent to a specific course in a career program (within five years of course completion, if in a technical program)
    • Elective credit that does not apply toward general education or career course requirements (including technical courses over five years old)
  • Courses approved for transfer must be comparable in nature, content, and level and match at least 75% of the content and goals of the course syllabus for which the student is seeking equivalent credit.

Transfer Grades
All college level courses in which a student has received a grade of A, B, C, D or P/S will be considered for transfer evaluation. No D- or F grade courses will be accepted. Please note that while D grades will transfer, some programs require a grade of C or higher for all courses to fulfill requirements.

One Click Away From Your Future
Visit Apply Request Info