Saint Paul College has been ranked no. 9 in The 50 Best Community Colleges in the United States by TheBestSchools.org.
TheBestSchools.org selected the top community colleges based on a comparison of several studies and ratings of community colleges, each with their own unique selection criteria, as well as the schools’ reputation and our review of notable community colleges. While completion/graduation rates are important to any college’s success, they identified several factors as especially significant to select the top community colleges:
- Sustained Achievement Outcomes: Ongoing success in student perseverance and completion of Associate Degrees and/or transfer to four-year colleges
- Learning Outcomes: Values and practices that actively engage students and require them to stretch academically; explore learning freely; pursue a variety of educational experiences and areas of study.
- Deployment Outcomes: Strong rates of employment, salaries and advancement for graduates matched with workplace skill needs
- Equitable Outcomes: Policies and practices that result in student diversity and success among low-income students and underrepresented racial/ethnic groups (African American, Hispanic/Latino and Native American)
- Cost-to-Value Outcomes: Reasonable tuition costs, access to financial aid resources and an emphasis on minimizing post-school debt.
“I am a firm believer that when organizations do the right thing, recognition follows,” said Dr. Rassoul Dastmozd, college president/CEO. “Much of this recognition is due to the culmination of the unselfish work that our faculty and staff perform each and every day. I am grateful to all for their dedication, commitment, and contributions to Saint Paul College!”
For more information about this recognition by TheBestSchools.org, please go to The 50 Best Community Colleges in the United States.