Dear College Community,
Tomorrow at midnight, we'll usher in 2017 and shift our focus toward the new calendar year. We’ll close out 2016 with our personal reflections of the past year, remembering all of the good fortune that has been bestowed upon us, as well as our challenges. We are truly a welcoming and caring community. Our multicultural environment enhances the educational and employment opportunities of our students and community. Over the last year, events in our neighborhoods, and around the nation and world remind us of how important it is to show respect to each and every member of our college community, regardless of their background, heritage or experiences. A culture of inclusivity and intercultural competence are something we need to practice and embrace each and every day. Let’s continue in 2017, and always, to be voices of civility, peace, and inclusion.
I am pleased to say the past 12 months have been stamped with noteworthy accomplishments and transformations. I’m extremely thankful for your dedication and commitment to academic excellence. As we reflect on the past year, I believe that we have cause to feel immense pride in our achievements.
Top 10 List at Saint Paul College in 2016
- Graduated more than 1200 students
- Received nearly $3 million in grants and employee giving increased to 70%
- Broke ground of the new Saint Paul College Health and Science Alliance Center
- Developed an Equity and Inclusion Plan and established an Equity and Inclusion Committee on campus
- 250 students received scholarships amounting to more than $300,000 for tuition and educational expenses
- 2016 H.E.R.B.I.E Award Winner by the St. Paul Chamber of Commerce
- Saint Paul College Culinary Arts earned ACFEF Quality Program status
- Awarded the Innovative Partnering and Collaboration Award by Minnesota State for producing strong community partnerships
- National survey recognized Saint Paul College in top ten of tech-savvy community colleges
- Saint Paul College Business Team earned Outstanding Service Award
Saint Paul College Spring 2016 Graduation Ceremony
Of course, our points of pride are too many to list in full. Thank you all for a wonderful 2016 and let’s cheer in the New Year with a commitment to making 2017 a memorable year of compassion, opportunity, change and growth.
Please remember my mantra, if we do not take care of our students and our community, who will?
Rassoul Dastmozd, President/CEO, Saint Paul College