Be bold. Be relevant. Be inspired.
We are bold at Saint Paul College. We are here to help our students dream more and do more. When our students graduate, they will have acquired the skills they need to be relevant in their careers and industries. We, as an institution, provide the education and the tools our students need be successful. We stay relevant by making strategic investments in our faculty and staff, programs, and services, and we work hard to build meaningful partnerships with employers. On a daily basis, our students inspire us by their unwavering courage, hard work and commitment to become better versions of themselves. I encourage all of our students and College Community to be bold, relevant and inspired, to make positive change in the world.
Here’s a short recap of some of my activities – many taking place off campus, as well as special items of note on educational collaborations and initiatives:
- Scrubs Camp – This week we hosted Scrubs Camp, a collaborative project between Health Force Minnesota, educational institutions, and healthcare employers. We had 62 campers experience a variety of interactive hands-on activities and special field trips to get them excited about careers in the health sciences. We had numerous alumni, students, staff and faculty helping all week long.
- Blue Earth Interactive – We met to discuss workforce system strategies, as well as educational delivery and software customization to better meet the needs of our students.
- Trading Up Open House
- District Energy (DE) – Developed strategies to better meet the needs of energy-based sector in Saint Paul and other operating plants.
- Friends of Saint Paul College, Foundation Board Meeting – We discussed how we will move forward the mission, vision, and the strategic plan of the College, which promotes access and affordability by promoting philanthropy.
- Wall of Fame Event – We recognized Mr. Curt Southward, the owner of Hunt Electric, as the outstanding Alumni of the year, graduating class of 1973, Electrical Technology program.
- Saint Paul Promise Neighborhood Finance Meeting - We discussed how we can make strategic investments that promotes students success in K-3 Reading and narrowing the achievement gap between students of color and white students.
- Annual Employee Ice Cream Social - The cabinet served ice cream as a small thank you to all of our faculty and staff for their contributions to student success and making Saint Paul College the #1 Community College in the nation!
- Emergency Response Recovery Table Top Training - A large group of College department leaders met to train and prepare for possible emergency situations on campus.
- St. Paul Public Schools - We discussed Early College Models and Concurrent Enrollment for Saint Paul Public Schools.
- Faculty Shared Governance Meeting – The Executive Leadership of the College and I met with the Faculty Shared Governance team to discuss fall enrollment, budget, efficiencies, communication, innovative projects, Saint Paul College Foundation strategic plan, Saint Paul College Strategic Framework Performance Metrics measures, and the Racial Equity Framework.
- Of significance, I would like to share a few news articles that support our steadfast commitment at Saint Paul College:
Great things are happening here. After all, if we do not take care of our students, who will? As we wind down from Summer Term and start winding up for Fall Semester, remember to relax in your spare time and enjoy this great summer in Minnesota.