A rainy fifth week of fall semester is almost on its way out and giving in to a bright, colorful, and sunny first weekend of autumn. I am grateful to our dedicated faculty and staff for ensuring that our students’ educational needs are met as the semester continues.
Here’s a short recap of my activities and meetings this week:
- Neighborhood House – Attended a board meeting, continuing to build this intentional partnership with the College.
- Basque Spain Education Delegation – The executive leadership team, a College President Colleague and I, put the final touches on a plan for educators from the Basque Region of Spain to visit Saint Paul College in October. This group will be engaged in a dialogue about faculty and student exchanges, inclusion of women in STEM and manufacturing disciplines.
- Greater MSP – Met with the Vice President for Strategic Partnerships to discuss economic development and workforce system strategies to promote talent recruitment and retention. Moreover, we discussed the critical role that community colleges play in preparing the workforce in the manufacturing, health, IT/finance, energy, transportation, construction, and service sector occupations.
- Oktoberfest at Productivity Inc. – I networked with several CEOs of major manufacturing firms. Productivity, Inc. supports Saint Paul College’s Machining/CNC program through scholarships and new equipment.
- Hosted students and faculty from Germany – This year, marks the 9th year of partnership with the Berufsbildungszentrum Neuss Weingartstraße Institute from Neuss, Germany. The faculty, staff, and students from both institutions immensely benefit from these exchanges and professional development activities during the visits that both institutions.
– Attended an impressive and insightful presentation given by Professor Bruce Leimsidor on the most recent issues related to migrants that Germany and other members of European Union encounter.
- St. Paul Chamber of Commerce – Attended a St. Paul Economic Development Partnership meeting at the St. Paul Chamber of Commerce.
- Saint Paul College Staff Development Day – Gave the welcome keynote at Saint Paul College Staff Development Day.
- Women Who Make a Difference Network – Gave a welcome keynote to Women Who Make a Difference Group at Saint Paul College.
- Trading Up
– Attended the information session hosted at Saint Paul College.
In the news this week:
- Saint Paul College won two awards from the National Council for Marketing and Communications: A Bronze Medal in the College Publications category for the Saint Paul College Magazine and a Silver Medal in the Outdoor Advertisement category for “Give yourself some credit this summer.” Thank you to the Marketing Team for their contributions, talent, dedication and commitment.
- PROMISE UNMET, How to Fix America’s Community Colleges, a report by Manhattan Institute.
To our community partners, thank you for your continued support to the students we serve!
I wish you a much deserved, relaxing weekend.
Be Bold. Be Inspired. Be Relevant.