Thank you to everyone who volunteered and helped organize the 2015 Lunch on the Lawn event yesterday. We could not have asked for better weather. Our students were brimming with happiness and excitement…what a great sense of community. The second week of the semester is coming to an end, and we all look forward to the extended weekend ahead.
Here’s a short recap of my activities and meetings this week:
- Central Corridor Anchor Partners – Serving on the Executive Leadership team of Central Corridor Anchor Partners, we met to discuss workforce strategy system change in health sector.
- District Energy Cooling St. Paul – Attended the Board of Directors meeting.
- Representative Dave Pinto (DFL) District: 64B – We met to discuss various college initiatives and community outreach, as well as workforce issues.
- Private university - Met with a private metro university to discuss a partnership for offering a BS degree in Nursing, with a pathway from LPN to BSN.
- The Central Corridor Funders Collaborative – Met to discuss economic opportunity and various workforce strategy system change.
- Generation Next - Attended the Generation Next Leadership Team meeting.
- Charting the Future – Met with the Saint Paul College Charting the Future Change Management Team, who will be leading the implementation phases of Charting the Future (CTF) at the College.
- German Guests – This week Saint Paul College hosted two faculty members and four students from Berufsbildungszentrum, Germany. This short visit gave our faculty and students the opportunity to become familiar with the German model of Apprenticeship training. Our Culinary Arts students and faculty prepared a delicious dinner for our guests.
- Lunch on the Lawn – View a snap shot of this exciting annual event.
- Metro Alliance President’s Meeting – Attended a meeting at the Hennepin Technical College campus in Eden Prairie.
In the news this week:
Let’s continue to deliver on this year’s theme! I know we can.
Be Bold. Be Inspired. Be Relevant