Our Open House is next Wednesday, November 4 from 5 to 7:30pm, and we invite you to come to our campus to see the wonderful things we are accomplishing. Come and explore educational opportunities and how we firmly believe that opportunities at Saint Paul College will lead to your success. Whether you are looking to start a new career, gain skills to assist you to advance in your current job, or want to start the first two years of a 4-year degree at Saint Paul College, I’m sure that you’ll soon agree that when you start here, you can go anywhere!
After the Open House, stay for a free blues and ragtime musical performance in the theatre featuring our very own Saint Paul College student, Hilary Thavis, with special guest Butch Thompson.
Here’s a short recap of my activities and meetings this week:
- Delegation of Educators from Basque Spain – A two-week educational visit comes to an end, Saint Paul College hosted a delegation of educators from Basque Spain.
- Construction System Workforce System Change – The College hosted a construction occupational sectorial system change gathering. Participants included construction firms, community based organizations, labor unions, employer organizations, and representatives from philanthropic organizations. This project is funded by the McKnight Foundation and Minneapolis, Saint Paul Workforce Innovation Network.
- MAPE Meet and Confer – I met with the MAPE employee bargaining unit representatives to discuss operations of the college in their respective work areas.
- YWCA St. Paul Open House – I attended an Open House to welcome the new President/CEO.
- Central Corridor Anchor Partnership (CCAP) Executive Leadership Meeting – We discussed the future of health related workforce sector occupations.
- United Hospital Foundation – At the Board Retreat, we focused on how story telling is an effective means to promote and secure donor engagement.
- President/CEO of Health Partners – We met to discuss strategies that the College can employ to produce a workforce for entry and middle level health care occupations.
- Catholic Charities of St. Paul & Minneapolis – The senior leadership and I discussed workforce strategies for new Americans.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) - The student leadership team updated me on the progress of their projects, as well as Destination Graduation Student Success
- United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities – Met with the President and Senior Vice President of United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities to discuss higher education options.
I’m amazed by the high level of commitment the faculty and staff demonstrate, helping to facilitate students’ success at the College each and every day.
Be bold, inspired, relevant and amazing!