In anticipation of welcoming our students back on Monday, August 24, faculty and staff are working steadily to ensure we kick the semester off with a great start.
I am grateful to our College community for their continuous help with getting students registered. There is a high level of energy in every classroom and office on campus. It is an exciting time to be at Saint Paul College. We continue to be student-centered, empowering life-long learners.
Here’s a short recap of my activities and meetings this week:
- Metro Construction Sector Workforce System Change Strategy Team – Phone conference with four metro presidents.
- Minnesota Philanthropy Partners - Attended a board meeting.
- YWCA St. Paul - Met with the new CEO/President of YWCA St. Paul. We toured the College facilities and discussed partnerships.
- Power of YOU Welcome Event - Welcomed 212 Power of YOU students to Saint Paul College.
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) - Attended the PSEO new student orientation. This year, we welcomed more than 300 PSEO students to Saint Paul College.
- Civic Caucus - Participated in a roundtable interview with the Civic Caucus, focusing on how Minnesota will address anticipated workforce shortage by promoting and retaining the human capital. Stay tuned for the Civic Caucus briefing, more to come.
- Faculty In-Service Fall 2015 – There were a number of events and workshops for our faculty this week. This year’s theme is: Be Bold. Be Inspired. Be Relevant… Amazing things are happening here.
- Central Corridor Anchor Partnership - Attended a phone conference meeting.
In the news this week:
As we start the new fall semester, I wish you all good luck, a semester filled with positive energy, excellence, encouragement, and above all, student engagement and success.
Be Bold. Be Inspired. Be Relevant.Amazing things are happening at Saint Paul College.
Wishing you a safe and relaxing weekend,