I am amazed with the high level of engagement, care, and follow up that our dedicated staff demonstrate every day as they interact with our new and returning students as we prepare for fall semester. I am grateful to our entire College Community for pitching in and reaching out to our students to help facilitate their registration.
This week has been a busy week around the campus. All three major renovation projects at the College will be done by midweek next week. Thank you for your patience. Our facilities team has done a tremendous job preparing us for the new semester. We look forward to welcoming our students back on August 24 when classes begin again. At Saint Paul College, we are student-centered, empowering life-long learners.
Here’s a short recap of my activities and meetings this week:
- Art fairs - Last weekend, I visited the art fairs in Uptown and Loring Park, Minneapolis and ran into one of our student artists displaying his work. I am incredibly impressed by his talent. Watch out, Saint Paul College students are everywhere. You never know just when and where!
- Phone conference with Twin Cities 2-year colleges presidents - We held a phone conference to discuss Workforce System Change Strategies for the Construction Sector with a Minneapolis large construction firm.
- Lunch with President Emeritus Donovan Schwichtenberg - I had a lunch meeting with Donovan. He is enjoying retirement and pursuing many hobbies. Donovan is indeed a President of Presidents, a great friend and a wise mentor. We toured the campus and he met with some members of the College Community.
- Minneapolis Saint Paul Regional Workforce Innovation Network (MSPWin) - Attended a Steering Committee meeting with MSPWin to further discuss the design of Career Pathways maps for manufacturing, health, construction, and IT occupation sectors.
- Minnesota Philanthropy Partners - Attended a community impact and grant review meeting at the St. Paul Foundation.
- Donation from a College Alumnus - Saint Paul College received a beautiful picture of the Cathedral of Saint Paul from a College alumnus. Our students are indeed unique, talented and awesome. The art will be auctioned at the Saint Paul College Scholarship Gala, December 4, 2105. More information about the Gala
- Faculty Interviews - Interviewed four candidates for faculty positions at the College.
- Health Science and Alliance Building - Met with our facilities leadership team to discuss specific details concerning the construction of the new Saint Paul College Health Science and Alliance Center building. Knutson Construction ™, the construction firm in charge of this project, has already begun work with various access points to the main building. More information to come. Please stay tuned.
- Semester Start Meeting- I was able to welcome all of our staff at the Semester Start Meeting this morning. I am heartened every time our talented and hard-working team gathers together. They are force to be reckoned with.
- MnSCU Executive Leader Development program – Met with the coaches for two members of Saint Paul College Leadership Team.
In the news this week:
Mayor Coleman delivers budget to fuel continued growth and vitality in Saint Paul – Read the story here.
Amazing things continue to happen at Saint Paul College. The support and advocacy we receive from our community truly makes us a better College. We know we cannot do this alone. It is this great sense of community that makes this College strong.
Have a great weekend,
Saint Paul College