The start of Fall Semester is fast approaching. Our efforts are focused on two fronts – helping students with registration, and preparing for the thousands of students who will be returning or starting their collegiate journey at Saint Paul College on August 22, 2016. We leave nothing to chance and know that everything we do, every task that is before us, needs our undivided attention so that we can truly serve our students effectively. “The student is” remains our mantra and our students remain our inspiration!
Here’s a short recap of my week:
- Higher Ground Academy - I met with the Executive Director of Higher Ground Academy to discuss educational partnership and access to higher education at the College for their students.
- Minneapolis Saint Paul Regional Workforce Innovation Network (MSPWin) – I attended the MSPWin Executive Leadership meeting to discuss grant proposal applications.
- Neighborhood House Resource Development – I attended a resource development meeting at Neighborhood House, an intentional partner of Saint Paul College. Neighborhood House helps members of our community each year with basic needs, education, youth programs, and health and well-being. All of their programs are offered for free to participants.
- Strategic Planning Retreat - along with the Management Group Team, members of the Strategic Planning Taskforce, community partners, President Advisory Council members, Friends of Saint Paul College, and business/industry partners, I participated in a daylong session to continue assessing the College’s current Strategic Plan to update for the coming years.
- Taping of a Video Message for Sexual Violence Prevention – Effective fall semester, new state laws require all college students to complete training on sexual-assault prevention within 10 business days after the start of a student's first semester of classes (or all students for Fall 2016). I participated in the taping of a message for our students about Sexual Violence Prevention at Saint Paul College.
- Ice Cream Social - In appreciation of our partnership with Saint Paul Public Schools and their students in the summer school program, a number of us served root beer floats to our future students. The College’s administrative team and I also scooped ice cream to serve to our staff at the College as a small token of our appreciation for all of their hard work.
- Partnership Conversation with a Community Training Service Provider - the dean of STEM and I met with a community training service provider to discuss partnership expansions and articulation of training to Saint Paul College for their students.
- Management Group Team Meeting - I met with the College’s Management Team to discuss the College’s Strategic Priorities, as well as an update from all the units at the College as we look at the upcoming start of Fall Semester.
It has been another busy and meaningful week with intentional work that is purposeful and transformational. Whether it is through our daily work efforts or through meetings with both our internal and external partners, collaboration and commitment to excellence is key to our continued success as an institution. I thank all for your efforts and input, and all you do to help our students succeed.
I wish you a relaxing weekend.
Rassoul Dastmozd, PhD
Saint Paul College