|52|| ||/programs/Pages/registered-yoga-teacher.aspx||Health Science Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||4/24/2020 4:03 PM|
Registered Yoga Teacher Certificate
|Registered Yoga Teacher Certificate||10/28/2016 3:09 PM||RYS 200 Yoga Alliance Logo|
Saint Paul College's Registered Yoga Teacher Certificate program is a Yoga Alliance registered program and meets the Yoga Alliance Standards.
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands-on" environment.
- Graduates will meet the Yoga Alliance Standards of Yoga Teacher Training.
- HMO’s in the areas of heart health and pregnancy
- Wellness centers
- Studios with massage therapists
- Fitness centers
- Educational institutions
- Conference centers
- Chiropractic offices
- Yoga studios
- Cruise ships
- Community education
|Yoga Instructor Gainful Employment Info||Registered Yoga Teacher Certificate|
Yoga instructors teach the principles of yoga including how it strengthens and tones the body as well as calms the mind and spirit. Yoga instructors teach students in specific methods of yoga. This program focuses on four key aspects of yoga: alignment and form of the yoga postures, history and philosophy of yoga, relaxation and meditation, and teaching techniques.
As the health care industry strives to provide more personalized services to keep their members motivated, the industry continues to offer a wide variety of group exercise classes. All ages benefit from developing a yoga practice due to the positive cumulative effects of the low impact form of exercise yoga provides. The alignment and action within a yoga pose develops endurance and focus, which helps maintain health throughout the lifespan.
The Registered Yoga Teacher Certificate program is recognized by the Yoga Alliance, and upon completion qualifies graduates to be 200 hour Registered Yoga Teachers.
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and lab courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Students should expect to bring to class a yoga mat and blanket, yoga strap and blocks if necessary. The blanket is used to sit on and should be a firm Mexican blanket or a wool yoga blanket.
- How to build one’s core strength, improving overall flexibility and developing overall muscle tone.
- How to instruct students in the principles of yoga.
- How to recognize indications and contraindications to yoga practice.
- Instruction for a variety of age groups
- Possible health benefits from yoga practice