Science Scholar Program Application
The Science Scholar Program at Saint Paul College aims to increase science degree completion of high-achieving undergraduates with demonstrated financial need. Selected students will be awarded up to $16,000 over up to eight semesters, including summer ($3000 per semester at 12+ credits, $2000 per semester at 6-11 credits, $2000 for 6-11 credits in summer). Scholars will participate in relationship-building co-curricular activities to increase their success: faculty and peer mentoring, science-related campus events and service-learning, and a semester long undergraduate research project.
Scholars will be selected based on scholarship impact (based on Application Question answer and/or FAFSA information), interest in science (based on major and/or Application Question answer), and academic potential (based on previous GPA and/or Application Question answer).
To qualify, students must:
- Be registered for at least six credits at Saint Paul College.
- Major in one of the four eligible programs: Science and Engineering Technology A.S., Biology Transfer Pathway A.S., Chemistry Transfer Pathway A.S., Engineering Broad Field A.S. AND register for courses related to these majors.
- Have described financial need through application question answer or eligibility for a Federal Pell Grant or Minnesota State Grant.
- Be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Asylee.
- Fill out the following application.
This scholarship automatically renews if the student maintains their eligibility status: enrolls in at least six credits each semester with at least one course related to the major, stays in one of the eligible majors, and participates in mentoring and some co-curricular activities.
Please email Kristyn VanderWaal Mills at
The Scholarship Application Window for Fall 2023 is open 4/1/23 through 6/30/23.