International Student Services Housing
Saint Paul does not have any on-campus housing. You are responsible for finding your own housing. The international student advisor has an apartment list that can be sent to you by e-mailing
firstname.lastname@example.org and asking for the apartment list. We are located right in the City of Saint Paul, a city of over 300,000 people. There are lots of apartment options. It does take 3 to 4 weeks to find and secure an apartment. You can arrive 30 days before your program start date.
- Studio apartments (one room) starts at $750/month.
- A one-bedroom apartment starts at $900/month.
- A large 5-bedroom house starts at $500/month per person.
- Sharing a 3- or 4-bedroom apartment or a large 5-bedroom house would save on rent.
- Utilities (electricity, heat, Wi-Fi) are on top of your rent and utilities are typically not included in the rent.
Make sure when contacting any apartment company that you state you are an international student and that you do not have a social security number and ask if they would rent to you. Many apartment companies will rent to you but require 2 months of rent paid in full and up front plus a security deposit.
The Hill Living is a new apartment building one block from Saint Paul College.
https://www.thehillliving.com. Studio apartments start at approximately $1300/month.
Another option is an American homestay through homestay agencies. Saint Paul College partners with two homestay agencies.
- No application fee, $750/month stipend to the host family, food is included. Need to apply at least 2 months in advance. Students are assigned a host family on a first come, first-served basis. No guarantee of a host family placement.
Student Room Stay
- $300 application fee, range from $800 to $1,060/month, depending on how many meals you want. Need to apply at least 1 month in advance.