fb ISS Dependents
Skip to main content Sign In

Saint Paul College A Community & Technical College

​International Student Services Dependents


If you are married or have a child or children, you may want to bring your dependents as F-2s. You need to speak or contact the international student advisor for more information. You must show an additional $6000 in funding for the first dependent and $3000 for every additional dependent. Saint Paul College would issue you a F-1 I-20 and F-2 I-20s for each of your dependents. Your dependents would have to apply for a F-2 visa. Your F-2 spouse is not eligible to work in the US and cannot obtain a Social Security Number. Your F-2 dependent children can attend public school while in the US. The F-2 dependents can stay in the US as long as the F-1 maintains his/her legal F-1 status. If the F-1 departs the US permanently, the F-2s must also depart. As the F-1, you can either bring your spouse and children when you first come, or you may also bring them after you have arrived in the US.

One Click Away From Your Future
Visit Apply Request Info