fb International Student Services Travel
Skip to main content Sign In

Saint Paul College A Community & Technical College

​International Student Services Travel

Travel within the US

There are no travel restrictions within the US. Carry your passport and I-20 with you.

International Travel

In order to travel internationally and get back into the US, you need:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid F-1 visa
  • Valid I-20
  • I-20 signed for travel on page 2 less than one year old
  • Copy of paid I-901 SEVIS FEE receipt
  • Copy of unofficial Saint Paul College transcript which you can print from eServices
  • Copies of your bank statement or other financial statements showing US$24,015 (recommended)
  • Fully vaccinated for Covid and proof of this
  • Negative Covid test result within 24 hours of boarding a plane back to the US

Here are web sites for international travel and the Covid vaccine:

The 7 Accepted Vaccines are:

  • Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
  • Pfizer-BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Covaxin
  • Covishield/Serum Institute of India
  • BBIBP/Sinopharm
  • CoronaVac/Sinovac
Travel to Mexico or Canada

It is possible, under certain circumstances, to travel to Canada or Mexico without a valid F-1 visa, but with a valid passport and a valid I-20. It is called automatic revalidation and you can find more information here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html. Please speak with the international student advisor, in advance, so you understand if this is an option for you.

Travel to other countries

You may or may not need a visa to travel to another country. It is your responsibility to look up this information and apply for any visas you may need to travel to another country.

Please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) web site for all updated Covid-related travel restrictions.​

One Click Away From Your Future
Visit Apply Request Info