International Student Services Travel
Travel within the US
There are no travel restrictions within the US. Carry your passport and I-20 with you.
In order to travel internationally and get back into the US, you need:
- Valid passport
- Valid F-1 visa
- Valid I-20
- I-20 signed for travel on page 2 less than one year old
- Copy of paid I-901 SEVIS FEE receipt
- Copy of unofficial Saint Paul College transcript which you can print from eServices
- Copies of your bank statement or other financial statements showing US$24,015 (recommended)
- Fully vaccinated for Covid and proof of this
- Negative Covid test result within 24 hours of boarding a plane back to the US
Here are web sites for international travel and the Covid vaccine:
The 7 Accepted Vaccines are:
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
- Covishield/Serum Institute of India
Travel to Mexico or Canada
It is possible, under certain circumstances, to travel to Canada or Mexico without a valid F-1 visa, but with a valid passport and a valid I-20. It is called automatic revalidation and you can find more information here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html. Please speak with the international student advisor, in advance, so you understand if this is an option for you.
Travel to other countries
You may or may not need a visa to travel to another country. It is your responsibility to look up this information and apply for any visas you may need to travel to another country.
Please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) web site for all updated Covid-related travel restrictions.