Saint Paul College is only offering the Math ACCUPLACER. The Math ACCUPLACER is for students who do not have high school GPA, ACT, SAT, MCA or completed college credits from another institution.
Click here for information about placements.
ACCUPLACER® Assessment Requirement
Saint Paul College is only offering the Math ACCUPLACER.
You will need to take the ACCUPLACER assessment if:
- You plan to enroll in a degree, certificate or diploma program at Saint Paul College.
- You plan to register for a course or program that has a math requirement.
ACCUPLACER is available on a walk-in basis in the Saint Paul College Testing Center during the hours listed. No appointment is necessary. ACCUPLACER is not timed, so please check Testing Center hours and start early enough to complete it at a comfortable pace. The assessment usually takes 1-2 hours but could possibly be longer.
Child care is not provided for individuals utilizing the Testing Center. Please review
Testing Center policies before your visit.
Taking ACCUPLACER at Another School for Saint Paul College
Saint Paul College is only administering the Math ACCUPLACER
If you are a current or future Saint Paul College student who wants to take the ACCUPLACER assessment at a different college testing site, you may request a Remote Voucher from Saint Paul College. Please check with the school where you want to take the ACCUPLACER for information on fees. To request a voucher, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of the institution where you want to test
- Which test you will take (Math)
- First and last name
- Saint Paul College Student ID (visible on top right corner in eServices)
- Full Date of Birth (month/day/year)
Taking ACCUPLACER at Saint Paul College for Another School
If you want to take the ACCUPLACER at Saint Paul College for another school, please request a Remote Voucher at the school you want to attend. There is a $35 fee for each assessment administered at Saint Paul College for a school that is not part of the
Minnesota State College & University System.
You must bring your Remote Voucher to Saint Paul College to take the ACCUPLACER. The email containing the voucher must be printed on paper, or visible on your phone/personal device. You do not need to schedule an appointment. Please consult Testing Center hours and allow yourself enough time to complete the assessment.
Any applicable fees must be paid to Saint Paul College before you take the ACCUPLACER. Fees must be paid at the Tuition Window on the first floor, next to the Information Desk at the main entrance. Please be sure to get a receipt
Please bring your voucher(s) and receipt to the Testing Center, Room 3140, to take the ACCUPLACER.
Get the free ACCUPLACER practice app
Expand an option below to learn more
As you plan your college career, it is important to know your basic skills in reading, mathematics and writing. Knowing your skill level will help you and your advisor determine courses best suited for you. Our goal is to help you choose courses that best match your background and help ensure your future success.
What will I be tested on?
- Reading: email
email@example.com for Reading/Writing Guided Self Placement.
- EAPP: email
firstname.lastname@example.org for the EAPP Guided Self Placement
- Mathematics: This portion measures your understanding of arithmetic through problem solving. Skills in operations of whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages. Ratios, measurement, and geometry will be assessed.
No handheld calculators are permitted.
Should I prepare for the ACCUPLACER?
Yes! Reviewing for the ACCUPLACER could potentially save you hundreds of dollars and semesters at SPC. Feel free to check out the resources below:
Where to go to take the assessment
Determine when you will take your assessments (See hours and dates above). Be sure to give yourself enough time. The assessment usually takes at least 1-2 hours to complete, possibly longer.
- Get plenty of rest before taking the assessments and make sure you have eaten properly.
- Bring a government issued picture ID (such as a Driver’s License) for identification purposes.
- Go to the One Stop (Main Floor), complete your application for Saint Paul College and tell staff at the desk that you wish to take the assessment. You will be given a temporary ID card to take to the Assessment Center in Room 3140.
- You will need to show your temporary ID and your picture ID to the Computer Lab Assistants in the Assessment Center (Room 3140). The Computer Lab Assistant will then get you set up on a computer and give you assistance as needed.
Saint Paul College can use any of the following to waive assessments:
- Unofficial transcripts from a college or university with a grade of C or higher
- ACT/SAT/MCA scores within the last 5 years
- AP classes in which the college-level assessment was passed with a 3 or higher
- IB classes in which the college-level assessment was passed with a 4 or higher
- Obtain unofficial transcript(s) College in The School classes
- High School transcripts with a GPA of 2.8 or higher within the last 10 years
Attach any of these documents to the
Click here to learn more about placements.
If you have completed the assessment at another Minnesota State college or university within the last 2 years, you will likely be exempt from taking our assessment. To determine if you’re exempt, call the One Stop at 651.846.1555 or see a One Stop staff member in Room 1300.