|Michael Johnson 2
|2/7/2024 11:15 AM
|10/20/2016 11:09 AM
Business Department Mission
The mission of the Business Department at Saint Paul College is to sustain the College mission by providing quality, lifelong business education supported by technology for a diverse, metropolitan student population.
- Upgrade current leadership and innovative skills to increase opportunities for success in a current or new entrepreneurship enterprise.
- Your own business
- All businesses and industries
Entrepreneurship and small business play a key role in the U.S. economy by providing jobs to a large segment of the workforce. Many people dream of owning their own business for financial and professional independence, as well as the pride of ownership.
Learn how to develop, maintain and grow a business, and explore entrepreneurial concepts and processes that apply to both start-up and well-established enterprises. Learn how to analyze how an organization contributes to society and how entrepreneurship and commercial activities affect the environment. Topics such as market opportunity, product development, intellectual property, and commercialization will also be explored.
The Entrepreneurship Certificate program focuses on the essentials of entrepreneurship and small business management, and provides students with a basic understanding of how to start and market an entrepreneurship/small business operation.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
- Marketing plan development, public relations, advertising, sales promotion and other core marketing concepts
- Key business communication technology
- Fundamental management concepts and principles
- Legal principles of business, including basic laws, contracts, dispute resolution and rights and responsibilities of the business community
- Economic, international business, business ethics, accounting and financial principles