|50|| ||/programs/Pages/practical-nursing.aspx||Health Science Programs||Yes||Michael Johnson 2||5/23/2023 2:21 PM|
Practical Nursing Diploma
|Practical Nursing Diploma||10/28/2016 3:09 PM||Yes||Accreditation Logo|
The practical nursing program at Saint Paul College – A Community and Technical College located in St. Paul, MN is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the practical nursing program is continuing accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements
Clinical training gives students the opportunity to work in actual settings with assigned patients.
Graduates of the Practical Nursing program usually have the choice of many immediate employment opportunities.
Upon completion of the program, students are prepared to take the National Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN).
- Transitional Care
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Clinics/Urgent Care
- In-home Care
- Rehabilitation Units/Centers
|Practical Nursing Diploma||Practical Nursing|
Under the supervision of registered nurses and physicians, licensed practical nurses may care for infants and mothers, children and adolescents, and young, middle and older adults. Using learned technical skills, practical nurses assist clients in meeting their physical and psychosocial needs. Licensed practical nurses administer medications and perform treatments.
Licensed practical nurses utilize observation, critical thinking, decision-making and communication skills in caring for patients.
Practical Nursing Diploma is designed to meet the requirements to become licensed as a Practical Nurse.
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN and offsite clinical training at various Metro locations.
NCLEX-PN, Continuing Education & Employment Placement Information
The next available Practical Nursing Application program start date is Spring Semester 2024, the online application will be open mid-June 2023. Online Application will be accepted until the cohort is full. Interested students should submit a completed Application to Practical Nursing. Applications that are complete and include any required documentation will reviewed. Inclusion of a complete, accurate email and address on the application will help ensure delivery of the admission status letter. Prior to submitting the Application to Practical Nursing Major form, an applicant must:
- Complete the ACCUPLACER assessment and meet Minimum Program Entry Requirements.
- Complete all prerequisites prior to PRNS courses with the overall cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher and a minimum of C in each of the courses.
- Complete all college level courses with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Complete the
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI) with an overall score of 53 or higher, and 45% on both Reading and English.
- Nursing Assistant certification, obtained within the last five years, or active Minnesota Nursing Registry.
- Students that are accepted will be required to attend a Practical Nursing Orientation prior to the start of the program.
- Submit a record of the required several immunizations including COVID vaccines, American Heart BLS or Red Cross BLS certification and Background Study prior to the semester in which the student registers for clinical courses.
The practical nursing admissions committee will review each application and determine admission on the basis of overall academic performance, including all previous college course work, GPA, ACCUPLACER assessment scores and Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI) scores. Notification of acceptance into the Practical Nursing major will be sent approximately 6 weeks after the admissions committee has met.
|Practical Nursing Video|
- Basic therapeutic and preventive nursing care
- Direct patient care
- Medication knowledge and pharmaceutical interaction
- Interpersonal communication
- Critical thinking
- Nursing process
What You'll Need
- Good communication skills
- Professional work ethic
- Desire to work with people of all backgrounds
|Female students with male instructor|