|32|| ||/programs/Pages/welding-technology.aspx||Career & Technical Programs||Welding Technology Certificate||No||Michael Johnson||3/25/2022 10:41 AM|
Welding Technology Diploma
|Welding Technology Diploma||10/20/2016 11:51 AM||No|
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a hands on environment.
- Graduates of the Welding program enjoy a sound reputation with employers leading to immediate employment opportunities.
- The National Mean Annual wage in 2017 was a yearly salary of $43,410 which comes to a $20.87 hourly wage, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes514121.htm#top).
With the skillset you'll develop and the close ties to industry and trades, you can choose from multiple career pathways.
As a welder in manufacturing, the jobs vary greatly by employer, and may include welding aluminum signs, structural beams, sheet metal products, architectural components, aerospace, and so much more. Welders often work in a high volume production shop or a prototype job shop with something new every day.
|Welding Gainful Employment Info||Welding Technology Diploma|
Welding skills are used in many different industries, providing a variety of career pathways.
Saint Paul College's Welding Diploma program will teach you some of the most commonly used techniques used in welding today. Our goal is to prepare you for jobs in the welding industry. To become a successful welder you'll need both the theoretical foundation as well as related hands-on activities every day. Applying shop safety concepts and blueprint reading skills in metal working projects will help you excel as a student and throughout your career. We have more than eighty booths in our welding lab, equipped with welding machines that are capable of MIG, TIG, and SMAW welding processes on various metals, such as mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
Welders are often required to create products for the industry in which they work, by performing fabrication duties such as operating metal shears, press brakes, grinders, torches, and even CNC equipment that will shape, cut, and bend metals. You'll gain fabrication skills through hands-on experience with various projects.
Welding fabrication is widely used in aircraft, automobile, trucking, shipbuilding, pipefitting, plumbing, sheetmetal, ironworking and other trades that use metals. Skilled welders may become layout specialists, engineers, technicians, supervisors, Certified Welding Inspectors or private shop owners.
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Full-time enrollment is required.
Estimated cost for student supplies is $650. A detailed tool list with an approximate cost breakdown is available from the advisor.
Physical requirements include good eyesight, good hand and eye coordination and the ability to perform heavy, physical work.
Welding can be both physically and mentally demanding. Students will be expected to lift heavy materials and equipment from time to
time. Students must be able to stand for long durations. Welding can also get
very hot, so students must be prepared to work in very warm conditions.
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree program listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Welding Technology Diploma
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
|Welding Technology Video|
- Operate state-of-the-art welding equipment used in today's fabrication industry.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications with layouts.
- Develop proficiency in grinding, finishing and preparation of welds to American Welding Society (AWS) standards.
- Use CNC/NC plasma cutting, press break and robotic fabrication equipment in today's shops.
- Operate oxy/fuel, brazing, and cutting operations required by skilled welders.
- Practice oxyacetylene welding and cutting, shielded metal, gas metal, gas tungsten arc welding and plasma arc welding, plasma arc cutting, flux core arc welding and submerged arc welding techniques.