|6|| ||/programs/Pages/event-meeting-management.aspx||Business Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||4/19/2019 8:33 AM|
Event and Meeting Management Certificate
|Event and Meeting Management Certificate||10/20/2016 11:10 AM|
- Hotel/lodging operations
- Restaurant and catering management
- Travel and tourism industry
- Recreation and facilities management
- Gaming and casino operations
- Meeting, convention and special event management
|Event & Meeting Management||Event and Meeting Management Certificate|
The Event and Meeting Management Certificate program focuses on the management of special events planning, organizing activities and timelines, operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Students
will receive a solid foundation of business practices related to this growing service industry. Courses will examine organizations in lodging,
tourism, as well as entertainment, food and beverage operations.
According to the Minnesota Department of Revenue and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, there are 245,000 full and part-time jobs, and 4.3 billon dollars in wages in the Leisure and Hospitality sector.
This certificate is intended for
those seeking to expand their career paths with the skills necessary to plan
efficient and effective events and meetings.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
- Business practices related to the special events/meeting industry
- Customer service, human relations and communications skills
- How to plan, manage and promote meeting and special events
|Gala Event Tables|