|Health Science Programs
|Michael Johnson 2
|2/7/2024 11:18 AM
Healthcare Informatics Associate of Applied Science Degree
|Healthcare Informatics AAS
|10/28/2016 3:04 PM
This career is seeing high growth compared to other careers. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth. Employment of medical records and health information technicians is projected to grow 17.2 percent from 2014 to 2024 in the Seven County Mpls-St. Paul, MN area. Data Source: LMIwise
- Private physician offices and clinics
- Specialty clinics
- Long-term care facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Government offices
- Insurance industry
- Dental and chiropractic clinics
- Information technology suppliers
|Health Informatics Gainful Employment Info
Healthcare Informatics Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree program integrates education from health information,
computer science, and information technology.
Healthcare informaticists work and support healthcare organizations in a multifaceted methodology by providing support directly related to industry practices and procedures regarding complex electronic health record systems.
Responsibilities may include supporting tasks and roles relating to; data analysis, database design and administration, support of numerous software applications, implementation of data standards, knowledge of interoperability, and maintenance of clinical decision support protocols supported by evidence based medicine, routine system upgrades and preservation, system architecture, hardware, system networking, and legal knowledge to support information privacy and security.
Individuals enrolled in this degree program will obtain a broad body of knowledge of health information, computer science, and information technology that will allow them to become employed in many capacities within a healthcare system.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Minimum of 40 WPM with 3 errors or less or a grade of “C” or better in BTEC 1400.
Basic computer skills such as word processing, spreadsheets, and Internet usage or a grade of “C” or better in BTEC 1418.
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Healthcare Informatics AAS Degree
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- BS Healthcare and Human Service Management, Saint Mary’s University-Twin Cities Campus
- Health Care Administration, Concordia University-St. Paul
- Data analysis, database design and administration.
- Support of numerous software applications, implementation of data standards, and knowledge of interoperability.
- Maintenance of clinical decision support protocols supported by evidence based medicine.
- Routine system upgrades and preservation, system architecture, hardware, and system networking.
- Legal knowledge to support information privacy and security.
|Graphic of medical information data