|27|| ||/programs/Pages/pipefitting.aspx||Career & Technical Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||2/2/2021 3:46 PM|
|Pipefitting Diploma||10/20/2016 11:50 AM||Yes|
- Heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and temperature control fields
- Oil refineries, chemical plants, food processing facilities, manufacturing plants, retail and wholesale food stores, and ice rinks
- Universities, schools, government agencies and utility companies
|Pipefitting Gainful Employment Info||Pipefitting Diploma|
Pipefitters install, maintain, and repair high and low pressure steam systems, high low pressure hot water systems, snow melting systems, refrigeration systems, heating, gas and oil piping pneumatic, electronic controls, air conditioning and also provide instrumentation and valve repair. These systems are installed in all types of weather conditions. These skills are used working in residential, commercial, and industrial installations. Pipefitters do heavy lifting and are required to work both indoors and outside, often times in confined spaces.
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
The Pipefitting Diploma is a restricted enrollment joint program offered through the St. Paul Pipefitters Local 455 and Saint Paul College.
Admission to the Pipefitters Apprenticeship program is required for enrollment in this program. Contact Wyatt Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org for application information.
Students are accepted through St. Paul Pipefitters Local 455 JAC; 651.846.1699 or www.local455jatc.com.
Applicants must be high school graduates or the equivalent and should enjoy working in a demanding trade that requires both mental alertness and physical stamina.
Student Supplies and Tools Costs
Approximate additional program costs include the following:
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree program listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Science and math skills needed in the piping systems
- Knowledge and skills to install piping systems in commercial and industrial buildings
- Basic knowledge to properly install and operate low and high pressure steam systems
|Female student assembling metal pipes|