|51|| ||/programs/Pages/public-health.aspx||Health Science Programs||Yes||Michael Johnson 2||4/19/2019 8:44 AM|
Public Health Associate of Science Degree
|Public Health AS||10/28/2016 3:09 PM|
Employment Outlook for Health Educators in the seven county Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN area is expected to increase by 8.8 percent between 2014-2024.
Data source: Careerwise, 2016
- Federal, state, and non-profit agencies
- Academic institutions
|Public Health Gainful Employment Info|
Pathway Advisors are located in the Advising Center, Room 1340, Main Floor.
For assistance or additional information, please call or email the Advising Center at 651.846.1739 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Public Health Associate of Science (AS) Degree program is designed for students who plan to pursue a bachelor's degree in public health, health education, community health, epidemiology, health administration, or environmental health.
The program builds upon foundational knowledge of the biological sciences and emphasizes communication, cultural competency, and the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative research.
Students admitted to the program will explore the public health system, population health challenges, biometric and social determinants of health, and public health preparedness through a variety of applied learning and community service opportunities.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Public Health AS Degree
- BA Community Health Science, Concordia University
- BS Healthcare and Human Service Management, Saint Mary’s University-Twin Cities Campus
- BS Community Health, St. Cloud State University
- BA Health Care Administration, Concordia University-St. Paul
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- BS Public Health, Saint Mary's University-Twin Cities Campus
- Concepts of personal and population health and disease, including evidence-based interventions that address health-related needs
- Concepts of marketing, analysis, selection, and decision-making regarding health care, products, services, and health providers
- Key concepts of public health, including the history, core values, and practice
- Key concepts, purpose and theories of public health education and promotion
- Major components in health care management and administration, including the characteristics and organizational structure of the public health systems
- Historical development of environmental health, focusing on the basic relationships between the physical environment and human health
- Key concepts of global health, including demographic and epidemiological transitions, measures of health status, and the burden of disease
- How public health core competencies are used in public health work
- How to compare methods for assessing individual and population determinants of health, disease, and health disparities
|Globe and Stethoscope|