Financial Aid Book Charging Process
Who is eligible to use the Book Charging process?
You may charge the cost of your books prior to financial aid being disbursed if you meet all the following criteria:
- You are registered for current term classes.
- You have received your Financial Aid Award Letter and have completed the loan acceptance if you will be using loan funds to pay for books and supplies.
- The total financial aid you will be receiving, at your registered credit level, exceeds your current account balance.
- You have completed the one-time Miscellaneous Charge Authorization in your Financial Aid Award Notification in eServices.
- You have activated your Saint Paul College e-mail account.
What are the dates for Book Charging?
Book charging begins three weeks before a semester starts and ends the second week of the term. Near the start of each term you will receive an email to your student email account with the specific dates for the start of book charging and the last day to charge.
What is the Miscellaneous Charge Authorization?
You must complete the one-time Miscellaneous Charge Authorization in your Financial Aid Award Notification in eServices to be considered for Book Charging. If you previously declined the authorization or failed to accept the authorization, you can still accept it by returning to your Award Notification. If you are unable to view your Award Notification because you have already submitted your Award Response, contact the Financial Aid Office at 651.846.1386 or visit the One Stop to have them reopen your Financial Aid Award Notification.
How do I charge books?
After book charging begins and you have completed all the criteria above, you will receive an e-mail to your Saint Paul College e-mail account with your approved amount to charge at the Saint Paul College bookstore. The amount you see in your email will be based on your registered credits and accepted awards from the prior day.
- Please order your textbooks at our Virtual Bookstore Online. Refer to the
Saint Paul College Bookstore Website for information on how to order your books online.
- You may also visit the campus store in person. After you print the email, you can take it to the campus store to purchase supplies up to the amount you are eligible to charge.
What happens if I change my schedule or accept my loans?
If you make any changes to your registered courses, accept your loans, or are approved for additional awards, you will receive a new email with your updated amounts. The email will automatically be sent to your Saint Paul College email account the day after you make any changes.
What happens if I charge my books, but after changing my schedule I do not have enough to pay for them?
You will be held responsible for full payment of your books if you become ineligible for Financial Aid or your aid is not sufficient to cover your account balance.
Failure to pay all charges on your account may prevent you from registering for future courses and a hold will be placed on all your academic records at Saint Paul College. Your debt will also be referred to the Minnesota Department of Revenue for collection.
Where do I get my books?
You may order your textbooks or supplies at our Virtual Bookstore. Your order may be picked up at the Campus Store or you may have your order shipped directly to your home address. For information on how to order online visit the Virtual Bookstore at Saint Paul College Bookstore Website. You will need your Saint Paul College Tech ID, schedule and Star ID when charging your supplies at the Campus Store.