|Liberal Arts and Fine Arts
|Michael Johnson 2
|2/7/2024 11:32 AM
Associate of Arts Degree - Sociology Transfer Pathway
|Associate of Arts Degree - Sociology Transfer Pathway
|Worksheet for AA Degree - Sociology Transfer Pathway
|3/29/2021 1:35 PM
Students who successfully complete the Sociology Transfer Pathway AA Degree will be prepared to transfer to a baccalaureate program in Sociology. With a degree in Sociology you can work in a number of fields within the government and education systems.
The Sociology Transfer Pathway focuses on the
systematic study of human social institutions and
social relationships. It includes instruction in social
theory, sociological research methods, social
organization and structure, social stratification
and hierarchies, dynamics of social change, family
structures, social deviance and control, and
applications to the study of specific social groups,
social institutions, and social problems.
Additional Requirements for AA Degree
- At least 60 earned college-level credits (40 MnTC credits and 20 additional MnTC, pre-major or elective credits)
- A grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1711
- Associate of Arts (AA) cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Meet Saint Paul College residency requirement: 20 credits. This requirement may be reduced to 12 credits with transfer of at least 12 college-level credits from another Minnesota State College and University or the University of Minnesota.
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree program listed below. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Sociology Transfer Pathway AA Degree
- BA Sociology Bemidji State University
- BA Social Science Metropolitan State University
- BA Applied Sociology Minnesota State University, Mankato
- BA Sociology Minnesota State University, Mankato
- BS Applied Sociology Minnesota State University, Mankato
- BS Sociology Minnesota State University, Mankato
- BA Sociology Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- BA Sociology St. Cloud State University
- BA Sociology (Concentration in Critical Applied Sociology) St. Cloud State University
- BA Sociology Winona State University
- Identify core sociological concepts.
- Apply major sociological theories.
- Use social scientific research methods.
- Discuss the components of social structure.
- Communicate sociological concepts orally
and in writing.